Saturday, February 7, 2015

There is a LOT I love about my job.  A LOT.  I'm so grateful every day I teach to be doing something that makes me so happy.
Over the past few classes, I've learned something invaluable from my students.  
I have thrown some trickier poses into the mix, with the intent of introducing them, along with all the preparatory positions on the way to the full expression of the asana.  Everytime I've included one of these, I've been blown away by the will and determination and ability of my students.  
I'm impressed with how they rise to the challenge, and I'm so delighted to see them taking flight - energetically and physically - in a pose that they formerly assumed was somehow "off-limits" to them.
I am so thrilled and honoured to assist them through these transformations.  It blows my mind, every time.
As I was locking up to leave, the chant "Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya" popped into my throat.  I know the chant, but I was foggy on the meaning, so I looked it up when I got home.
From Wikipedia I found this:

Krishna also proclaimed "Everybody should recite "Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya" mantra daily whenever possible so that I will stand by them. I respond to the call of the heart immediately and invariably. See me in your duties. I am committed to those who are committed to their duties. Believe in putting faith in me and make me your own".
from:  http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om_Namo_Bhagavate_Vasudevaya

So, yeah, I'll be down with that.  This job, this path, feels more like my dharma than any other career path I've been on.
And I can't tell you how much I LOVE it!

Shanti & Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment